Pennell Institute, 1876. Opened to students in 1886, Pennell Institute, with an enrollment of 122 was the gift of Henry Pennell. Built at a cost of $20,000 the institute was willed to the Town of Gray along with a trust fund for its operation and free high school education.
Present home of Gray Town Offices.
National Register of Historic Places (Ref. #82000750)