Skip to main content

John T. Merrill House

Submitted by debi.curry on 13 March 2021

43.88777, -70.33277

The John T. Merrill Home was built in 1875. Its original owner built a sawmill, a shingle mill, and a grist mill on the property. In the 1940s it became the Hayes store, where Gray folks went for homemade ice cream. The home is distinguished by a mansard roof. Also previously the home of Rear Admiral Willard Sweetser.

21 Shaker Rd, Gray