According to the book, "History, Records, and Recollections of Gray Maine" by George T. Hill, the Gray Methodists built a church on the easterly side of what is now called Mayall Road; a small cemetery was established beside the church in the direction of North Yarmouth. In 1869, the church was part of a collective effort to merge and to provide for a central meeting place. The East Gray church was then moved to Gray Corner and set on a lot beside the Baptist Church. Later, an an unspecified time, the cemetery at East Gray was moved to Gray Cemetery.
Note: mapped location is approximate based on 1857 map