From the 1880 Cumberland County, Maine Atlas, we find:
Dry Mills, in the north, comprise the store of A.G. Morrill established in 1862; saw mill, shook and barrel-factory established in 1859; carriage- and smith-shops, and contains 30 families. It takes the name from Dry Pond, so called because it has no open outlet. A long beaver-dam extended across the flat near this place when the first settlers came in 1750.
Dry Mills Store, which once stood at the intersection of Rt26/Shaker Rd and North Raymond Road was demolished in 2020.