Built by David Carey for the cost of $1300, the Town hall held its first town meeting on March 5, 1838. The upper floor was designed for public meetings and included a small stage used for social events, and also served as the high school before Pennell Institute.
The Selectman’s office occupied the first floor. Three bays took up the rest of the first floor and held many businesses including a wheel wright, a cabinet maker and the first national bank of Gray.
The building now is the home of the Gray Historical Society.
1 Main Street, Gray